Pages


Friday, July 2, 2010

I've Been Busy, Busy...

July is a major month for birthdays for me...plus I've got a bridal shower and there were a couple of new babies born in the last few weeks....so since I refuse to give the Hallmark company one red cent for a card I know I can make myself, I've been busy making some things. (Hence the slightly sticky tile in the kitchen and the pile of laundry waiting to be folded and put away).

Have you ever made a card - or anything else - that you like so much that you don't want to give it to the person you made it for? That's how I feel about this bridal shower card. Sadly, the glittery parts on all the flourishes didn't show up for the camera...you'll have to take my word for it that it sparkles like a vampire in the sunlight (a Twilight reference just for you Marci!)



This necklace is for a co-worker of my husband's who just had her first baby, a little girl named Riley. I used the pearl for the dot on the i because the baby was born in June and pearl is June's birthstone. I don't know the mom personally, so I hope she likes it. I'm thinking about selling these in my etsy store for about $12 or so...you pick the name and stone/gem. Think they would sell??


Alright, two blog posts in one day is over my limit so I gotta go tackle the housework that will not go away, no matter how many times I wiggle my nose and make a wish.





5 comments:

  1. Yes! You should put that on Etsy! Since I gave my children unusual names I hop at the change to grab anything personalized for them!
    And thank you, I do love me some sparkling vampires....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the necklaces will certainly sell. They look like the stamped sheet metal that is so popular right now. In fact, I bought 2 of those on Mother's Day.
    Is yours made from paper? Totally doesn't look it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! A great item for Etsy and folks love a gift they can personalize for the recipient. Beautiful card! I wouldn't want to give it away either ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful month! Oh yes i know exactly this feeling of really attcked to some of the things i made. Your card and that pendant looks amzingly beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete