Pages


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lessons Learned






UPDATE 8/12: Above are the pictures of the finished invite. I blurred out the names of the bride and groom to protect their privacy.

The bride said she wanted hot pink and black, Old English fonts, chandeliers, bling and she wanted "Rock On!" and the David Bowie quote somehow incorporated into the invitation. I put the photo corners on the inside so she can insert her RSVP cards - which she had done at a printer - when she gets the invites. The black square behind the first pic is the envelope (which I bought!)

The chandeliers are from the Home Decor cart, the pocket on the inside was done in DS using George and Storybook and the initials and shadows were cut in SCAL from a font I downloaded.

I am so happy that they are finally complete and on their way to the bride. What started out as a simple wedding invite, turned into the biggest project that I have ever done. Here's some math to show you what I mean:

1,020 cuts with my cricut machine
3, 400 dots of Glitz Stickes in "Tiara"
1,020 hand-glued rhinestones
300 sheets of cardstock
40+ feet of Xyron adhesive
72 yards of ATG tape

...and that's just off the top of my head and does not count all the supplies I used during the 2 week design process.

This job was most definitely a learning experience. I certainly now know what not to do when working on a project this large and I will make much better business decisions if I ever have an opportunity like this again!




9 comments:

  1. WOW! You deserve a medal! I can't even imagine what you went through!!!!! They look fabulous though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly chose the right designer!! Congrats on getting it done AND making it look really great. And you're right... the next time will be a little smoother and eventually your staff of 20 will work like a well oiled machine :) YOU DID IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job Britten. THe invites are gorgeous! I can't even imagine what an undetaking this was. Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet the bride was thrilled!! These are impressive. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative and unique project! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute! how many pieces of cardstock is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love these invitations. Great job Britten! TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete