Pages


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bombshell Stamps March Blog Hop!

Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, the theme for the Bombshell Stamp March Bloghop is METAL - We had to try using metals in our project : Make something on metal, metal accents, metal embellishments, or even "Metal" music...

Here's a card I made with the METAL theme in mind:


I cut the frame out of my Storybook cartridge and then heat embossed it a couple times to make it look like an aged, metal frame. I colored the Bombshell in black and white to keep with the vintage theme and then put a piece of clear plastic over the image so it looked like it was really in a frame. I then "hung" it on a piece of shiny, hot pink cardstock to resemble the top part of a wall. The damask pattern paper is supposed to look like actual wallpaper, with the black wood-grain cardstock with the silver studs serving as the chair rail.

So much detail is lost in my crappy picture taking...lol. In person, the flowers match the pink almost perfectly. Oh well... you get the point!!

Make sure you leave a comment and Happy Hopping!!

17 comments:

  1. My pictures never do my card justice either so I can sympathize! But I do think your card is lovely! I really like how your frame turned out! Excellent job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the monochrome with the splash of hot pink- very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the picture s fine.It is a great card! I really like plain cards like this so all he attention goes to the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, gorgeous, and soooooooo elegant!!!

    love it!
    meredith =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that it looks like it could be hanging on a wall in my Grandmother's house! Lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!!! And definitely metal-y!! So how do you emboss several times? Do you just repeat the same steps? It doesn't seem like versamark and powder would stick on top of what was already heated. I'm gonna have to try this.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Britten, I love the colors you've chosen for the card. I'm also a huge fan of multi embossing too. It always creates such great things. just like you. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you made the frame- that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool & love the studded trim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and the frame really does look like metal! I too love embossing multiple times, it's a technique that really makes images pop and you've really rocked it here! Love the color palette, too, and how you colored the bombshell in black and white...that's just something I never think to do, but now you've inspired me ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the embellishment mocks the curves in the print on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Love that frame! I really thought it was metal before I read the post. The colors are outstanding! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You totally pulled off that metal frame! Until I ready your post, I thought it was metal! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photo looks fine!

    Your card is fabulous. I love all the metallic-looking and real metal accents. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Bombshell in Black & White! Great pop of color with the pink! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the frame! I wish I had a Cricut now... LOL!! What a great color combo too. It's very... well, ME! :)

    ReplyDelete