Pages


Sunday, August 19, 2012

CROPPED Paper Layerz Challenge!

When Megan told me about this Challenge for CROPPED and asked me to make a sample, I really didn't know where to start.  (In fact, I'm pretty sure I actually groaned out loud - but don't tell her I said that!)

This particular Challenge is to make a layout using two identical pieces of Paper Layerz.  One piece of Paper Layerz is to be used as the background and the other can be cut up and used for embellishments.  You have the option of treating each 4X4 block as a layout onto itself OR you can make one big 12X12 layout.  I decided to go with a one-page 12X12 layout, but I still wanted to design each block.  Yeah, I know that sounds confusing so here's a pic of my Baby Girl layout that will hopefully make more sense:


I used that second sheet of Paper Layerz very carefully so I could really get the most out of it.  Here's all that was left when I was done, along with some of the supplies that I used:

My overall crafting style is pretty clean.  I don't like a lot of clutter, so I know there was definitely room for more doo-dads in each block, but I like having lots of "white space" in my designs...so each block has just a few things to look at.  And of course, I put my baby girl's picture right in the center!

I used Cricut's Plantin Schoolbook for my font and some of the shapes were cut from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  The rest of the embellishments were done with punches from Stampin Up!, EK Success, Fiskars & Martha Stewart - all of which I had in my stash.  The bling is all Sparkle Lightz by Megan Elizabeth.

I'd love to hear from all of you about how how you handled this CROPPED Challenge - so please tell me all about it in the comments!  And if you don't know about CROPPED, there is still a little time to get your Mystery Box right HERE.

Now...Go Scrap Something!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice and creative way to do the challenge! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. I love your clean style and use of the materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I am a new follower, thanks for posting on this challenge I was a little confused:)lol.
    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete