Pages


Wednesday, August 22, 2012

CROPPED DVD Challenge!

A few days ago I posted the example I made for the CROPPED Paper Layerz Challenge HERE.  Now I'm on to the other Mystery Box Challenge, which was to make a card using the masking technique Megan demonstrated in the 1-2-3 Stamp! DVD that everyone received in their box.

I love making Halloween papercrafts.  LOVE!  I'm not sure why exactly.  Maybe it's the colors - I mean, when else do you get to use orange, green, purple and black together with spiders, witches and skulls...? I made some really cute stuff last year (if I do say so myself!).  You can see those HERE. 

I have already found myself buying new Halloween stamps and paper and it's still August! I cleaned up at the $1 bin at Joann's the other night, plus I fell in love with some great new Halloween paper from Stampin' Up!   Megan snagged me the Halloween Lost & Found collection from My Mind's Eye at the Summer CHA Show, so I had that to use along with some Marah Johnson die-cut shapes that I picked up on clearance last year.  I pulled out the Cricut Happy Hauntings cart and flipped through until I found exactly what I was looking for.  Here's my finished card:

Cute, right?  

I started with creating the ghost using the mask technique from the DVD.  I cut the ghost from Happy Hauntings in purple vinyl and put it on a piece of off-white cardstock from my stash.  Then I used Ink Edgerz from Megan Elizabeth in Sweetness and 1am to blend ink all around the ghost.

When I peeled off the vinyl I had a perfect "white" ghost....!


I cut a frame from Happy Hauntings in black, centered it over my image, lightly traced it with a pencil and then cut it out.

I used U Cut it 3D Adhesive Foam from Glue Arts to give my frame a bit of dimension.  

Then I adhered it to pattern paper from Stampin Up! (from the Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Paper Collection), which I then adhered to a sheet from Fancy Pants.  I adhered the black lace ribbon (also from Stampin' Up)  before adhering to the front of my card.  Finally I added the embellishments:  brads and tag from My Mind's Eye and bats from Marah Johnson.  I really love how it turned out!




I am SO SO excited for CROPPED and I can't wait to see what everyone makes for this Challenge!

Now...Go Scrap Something!


No comments:

Post a Comment