Pages


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Altered Tins

In keeping with my recent obsession with all things Halloween, I fell in love this Magic Potions stamp set from Close To My Heart.  It coordinates with the new CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge which has quickly become my #1 favorite out of the 60+ cartridges I currently own.

I knew I wanted to make some home decor with these label stamps so I started looking around for inexpensive glass bottles that I might be able to attach these to.  But then my friend Darlene and I were browsing Michael's last week and I spotted these tins in the clearance aisle for just $.99 each:


I have a rooster-themed kitchen anyway, so I liked them just how they were. But then I realized they would be perfect for my Magic Potion labels.

Here's how they turned out:
Aren't they adorable?!?!?

The pattern paper, stamps, ink and baker's twine is all from Close To My Heart.  The orange cardstock is Coordinations.  The black lace and dimensionals are Stampin Up!.  The bat is from Creative Imaginations and the tiny black pearls are KaiserCraft.

Here's some more pics:




Now...Go Scrap Something!

1 comment:

  1. Very clever...I love how you found something so inexpensive and made it look so beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete