Pages


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Upcycled Halloween Tray

I've been holding onto these wood trays from a couple Melissa & Doug puzzles my girls have....just waiting for the right project.  Here's what they looked like before:
I was going to paint both and make two trays for Halloween, but I decided to just use the yellow one for now and save the pink one for another holiday (I'm thinking Christmas maybe...?)

I bought a can of black spray paint at Walmart for a buck and just kept layering coats of paint until the yellow was fully covered.  I found the easel at the Dollar Tree but it was brass, so I spray painted that too.

Then I just started crafting!  I was gifted with the Lost & Found Halloween collection from My Mind's Eye at Summer CHA, so I went with those colors as my theme.  I had also just bought the Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Paper from Stampin Up! and those colors coordinated perfectly with the MME set.  I unearthed some fabulous Halloween-ie embellishments from my stash - like this felt tree from Close To My Heart:


I also knew I wanted to make some embellishments from my new CTMH Artiste cartridge...like this 3-D coffin and the tombstones.  The orange and white Chevron paper is from SU! and I love it so!



All of the metal emellishments - like this crown, the cross on the coffin and the gargoyle next to the tombstone- are all brads from Marah Johnson that I picked up at a Scrapbook Expo years ago for $1.  I love when I have the chance to scrap my stash!


Here's the fancy Instagram pic of my finished tray:


Do you get all crafty at Halloween too?  I have a serious fascination with making Halloween decor.  I just love the colors and the spooky themes.   Here's a link to what I made last Halloween - which included a mini version of this tray in different colors.

Hope you enjoyed!

Now...Go Scrap Something!

1 comment: