Pages


Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sugar Sweet Paper Treats Design Team Challenge #2














This challenge was based on Neopolitan Ice Cream. Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Seriously...how fun is that?! After thinking about it for awhile I decided to do a very literal translation of the challenge...

The ice cream cones are from Indie Art (my favorite cartridge!) with some minor changes done in Design Studio. I used Freezer Paper to cut the stencil with my E, ironed it on a t-shirt that we already had, then carefully applied sparkly fabric paint that I found at Michael's and Joann. Of course since chocolate is my favorite, it's the largest cone!
I had also cut out a phrase using Alphalicious, but decided at the last minute not to add it. It just looked like too much on a such a little shirt.

Now that I've gotten the hang of fabric painting (and trust me there was much trial and error involved in this process) I can't wait to make some more. Of course I need to make a matching one for her sister....
(The red-headed model in the picture is Breena - who definitely needs a bang trim....and a nap!)

7 comments:

  1. oh wow!!!!! britten how cool is that!!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll win!! This is super cute (so is the model). I love how the strawberry cone "pops" out with the belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! You are going to have to share your secret on how you did it (step by step!!) I love, love them ice cream cones and also that sweet little girl that's wearing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britten you have totally rocked this challenge. That shirt is adorable...but the little one is tooo cute! I need to learn how to make this! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect is that??? The shirt's not bad either, hehe!! Seriously, Britton, that is adorable!!! Talk about hitting the challenge right on the head!!! Great job!!! I'll bet Breena loves it, too!!! She's a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Britten this is toooooo cute! Great job! Indie Art is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete