Pages


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cricut Message Board Monthly Challenge










I've been on the winning team two months in a row, so I'm working on a hat trick for April. (I don't know why I keep using that reference. I am not a hockey fan.) But anyway....
This month's challenge was to use the card feature on any of the carts. I use challenges as a starting point for a project I either need or want to complete. I needed to make a wedding card for DH's cousin's wedding at the end of this month, so this challenge was a perfect opportunity to get that done.
The inspiration for the all white, as well as the eyelets and ribbon, came from a card that Nilda had made some time ago. I liked it so much the image just stuck with me.

I used the card feature on Stretch Your Imagination, then cut the couple again in shadow and cut the frame. All the embossing was done with the Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots folder. The ribbon is from my stash and I had to paint the eyelets white before using them on the card. I used the Lattice Border Punch from MS and some PSX Sparkles on the heart. I mitered the frame on the inside myself....

Thanks for looking!








5 comments:

  1. that is an absolutely beautiful card, love the all white effect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to get to know my way around the message board. Where do I find the monthly challenges? I looked EVERYWHERE! Ugh. Love the card by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo elegant. I'm sure the bride & groom will LOVE it. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sophisticated!!! What a beautiful card, so much work and detail :) Makes me so happy that I've nominated you for an award!! Come visit me :)

    http://cricutinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ~Magoo

    ReplyDelete