Pages


Saturday, October 16, 2010

*Happy Dance*

This *Happy Dance* is for getting through my first craft fair -- without any (visible) signs of a nervous breakdown. Which - for me - is a major accomplishment.

(Thanks for the pic Darlene!)

It might not look overly impressive, but I worked my butt off to get the stuff you see on that table made for the fair. And it really turned out to be a positive experience. The other vendors were friendly, the people running the fair were helpful, and the customers had nice things to say about my jewelry. (Although my friends and family have been very supportive and encouraging, it was good to hear that people who weren't related to me liked my stuff.)

I sold more than I thought I was going to, which was a nice surprise. I even got a couple custom orders and some customers said they would be looking for me at the next craft fair on the 30th.
Having just this little bit of success has given me a boost of self-confidence that I really needed. My etsy store desperately needs my attention...plus I've got some design ideas for Christmas floating around in my head. The sales I had today...along with some kind words from strangers...will give me the motivation to keep going.

I owe my NABS friend Darlene a HUGE thank you for volunteering to hang out with me today. She gave up most of her Saturday to help me and I can't put into words how much I appreciated that. She's a veteran craft fair vendor so her advice and support (as well as her black tablecloth and anti-pasta salad) was so valuable. I'm hoping she wants to get back in the craft fair circuit so I've got a partner to do these shows with. It's so much more fun with friends!



1 comment:

  1. Soooooo exciting! Cant wait to see them in person. And thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete