Pages


Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Have Too Much Stuff

I took one of the twins (the good one-ha!) and flew home for a few days last week. ("home" is a small town east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.) The night before heading back to Florida, I dropped the 2-year-old off with Grammie and Aunt Ash and met my husband's cousin's wife for some scrapbook shopping, dinner and drinks.

I got there before Marci, so I had some extra time to look around this cute little store. It was on my 4th lap that I realized I really wouldn't be buying much. Not because I couldn't afford it, but because I ALREADY OWNED ALL OF IT!

Ok, so that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but you know what I mean. If it was something that caught my eye, by the time I took it off the hook or down from the shelf, it hit me that I already had it - or a close version - at home.

I did find a few things....some 1 cent buttons, Zip Dry Paper Glue (I've been wanting to try it and I had a coupon), and 2 sheets of paper (to match some cardstock stickers that I had in my stash). I couldn't really walk out without buying something....right??
So I guess my point is....I shop more than I scrap. Pounds of paper. Thousands of stickers. Never-inked stamps. Unused Cricut carts. My stash has grown to ridiculous proportions. And I know I'm not the only one out there.

It's time to stop shopping and start creating. I am going to start a new blog where I'll be posting projects that are created just from my stash. I will issue challenges where you can post your own Stash Creations and I'll offer blog candy for the winners.

To have something qualify as "Stash" it must be at least one month old. It doesn't have to be unused, but it should be something that you have not used on a project, layout or card in the last 30 days. The older the better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment