Pages


Friday, April 2, 2010

Milestones

We have lived in Florida for 7 years now (wow, time flies when surrounded by warm weather and endless sunshine) and until this past month, I could count on one hand how many birthday parties we have been invited to. Suddenly it seems that everyone we know is having a Big Birthday this year. You know which ones I mean by "big" - the ones that end in an "ooohhhhh!"

The latest birthday party was for a neighbor who turned 40 (insert *shudder* here). I was at a crop when I was trying to come up with an idea for the card, so I took a vote - should I make a scary "eeeek, you're 40!" card or a pretty "beautiful wishes on your birthday" card? The scrappers voted and guess which idea the majority liked better....??




Personally, I love any reason to use a skull and crossbones in a design, so I went with what the voters wanted. The paper and cardstock is retired Stampin Up!, the skulls were cut from Indie Art and the "40" from Blackletter. The rhinestones were donated by my scrappy friend Angie and the black and white ribbon was a freebie from Dawn at our last Scrap Tats meetup (thanks girls!)

If you've never heard of meetup.com, you need to get on there already. It's not just for scrapbooking... it's for all interests and hobbies and a great way to meet people....

Especially if you are like me and don't really like most people. It's a great way to ONLY have to interact with ones that like the same stuff that I do.

7 comments:

  1. Great card! I love skull and crossbone designs too. I'll have to look into meetup.com. I became a gardener because I got to work mostly alone and grumpy was a universal theme in most books when referring to gardeners : ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so you!!! I love it!
    You found a scrap group called "Scrap Tats?" How perfect for you.... I'd have thought you started the group :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a GREAT! Card!!!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love the colors and the skull and cross bones is too cool! I love a skull on anything, so this card really grabs my attention ;D Also, I had to laugh out loud when I read the last paragraph of your post...haha! Sounds like a great site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Britten!! Thanks for the shout out girl! :) You make some sweet ass cards! You should bring all that skully goodness to the next meetup and teach us how to use the cricut! That skully paper is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete