Pages


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Oh The Horror

My husband didn't get it. He didn't understand why I got so upset. But I know you will understand...

I worked for quite some time on a retirement card for one of hubby's co-workers. I used some of my carefully hoarded SU! designer paper and matching cardstock, searched the internet for the perfect non-cheesy, retirement-themed sentiment, fussy cut the flower and used not one, not two, but THREE pop-dots to secure it to the front, and then hand made the matching envelope. When I was finally happy with it all, I gave it to hubby to sign and address. After a few minutes, I heard a suspicious sound coming from his office. With a sinking feeling I yelled down the hall, "Hey!! Do NOT use scotch tape to close that envelope!!" There was silence...and then a quiet, "I almost did." I immediately retrieved the card and sealed the envelope myself - properly. Crisis averted, but whew, that was close!

Nothing like a little transparent tape to make a hot mess out of a beautifully crafted creation.

Here's a picture of the card - before I added the sentiment to the front:


The card design was based on a sketch that was part of a challenge here last week.




4 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure where the story was going. Sure brought a smile to my face. :-) Glad you saved the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <> I know a good divorce lawyer. Just kidding, of course.
    It turned out really classy. I recognized the sketch right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be like you putting the wrong bait on the hook!
    I can't believe you used your coveted stock! That means more shopping though doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britton, this card is a beauty! Thanks for sharing the story about your hubby. They just don't get it, do they? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete