Pages


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lucky U

I'm not having a good day.

I know how blessed I am. How lucky.

I know if my girls would've been born at 26-weeks - like they would've been if not for the miracle of modern science - things could be much, much worse. I know. I know. I KNOW.

I won't bore you with the details about the trials and tribulations of having two-year-old twins. I am tired and frustrated. This morning I sighed, I cried, I told myself it will get better. It has to. She cannot be this trying forever. Right. Right??

I googled and found stories of two-year-olds that are way worse than mine. I thought it would make me feel better. It didn't.

So I'm blogging instead. This is my Lucky U card:




The inside said "Lucky U, you get a card from me!" (Maybe it should've said, "Lucky U, you don't have two-year-old twins! HA!")

The sparrows are Bombshell Stamps. The Lucky, the U and the fancy square are Studio G stamps. Staz-On ink, Distress Inks, and Prismas for the (crappy) coloring - I'm trying to get better at it, but it might be a lost cause. The cardstock is from my stash.

Tomorrow will be better.

I hope.

6 comments:

  1. oh britten, sending you huge cyber hugs hunny. love your card. more cyber hugs, lou xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous!!
    hang in there girl! 18 is just around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britten, my heart goes out to you :) No kids for me, so the fact that you have 2 yr old twins makes you Super Woman in my eyes! AND that you were able to find time to create this beautiful card is amazing! Give yourself credit, woman...you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs going out to you. As parents, we all have those days. It does get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Britten,

    I know how you feel. We have boy/girl twins. They are 2 1/2 yrs. On really bad days I tell myself "This two shall pass..."

    I hope the rest of the week is better for you.
    Take care,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugz to you!! My twin girls are 20 now and all I can say is hang in there girl and buckle your seatbelt. I know you are grasping at your wits end but just look at those beautiful miracles in front of you and say "Thank you God for your amazing blessings and the strength to get through the 2s." Bless you and those beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete