Pages


Monday, August 9, 2010

His name is Boomer


And we brought him home last night.

He's not a replacement for Bentley....because nothing can replace my Little Dog.

But Boomer is a welcome distraction.

He's a 9-week old, 2lb, micro mini schnauzer. According to the breeder, he should stay under 8lbs. Schnauzers are also hypo-allergenic...supposedly even more so than Yorkies.

He is super-sweet and playful. He loves the girls. He cried and seemed to be looking for them after they went up to bed last night. Even now he is napping on Breena's lap while the girls watch cartoons.

Bentley was my dog. He was gently tolerant of the girls, but he didn't seek them out to play, nap or hang-out. He wanted me to let him out, wanted me to throw the ball, wanted only my lap. Boomer will be more of a family dog...and that's a good thing - a great thing - for all of us.

The girls are old enough to help out with taking care of him. I am hoping he wears them out...and vice versa. Schnauzers are also known to be protective of their homes and owners, so I hope he will help me keep them out of trouble.

Before bringing him home, Brian promised me that if Bentley ever came home, we would have room for both dogs. That was really important to me because I have not given up hope that he will be back home with us one day.

8 comments:

  1. AW! He is so cute! can't wait to meet him! Sorry about Bentley. I still pray he comes back.
    LOVE, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie he is!! There's just nothing in the world as deliciously stinky as puppy breath! And there is something wonderous about puppy breath and needlesharp teeth.

    Here's hoping Bentley comes home soon, then you will be doubly blessed and doubly two at a time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's so adorable Britten!!! I hope Bentley makes his way home soon and finds his new playmate! Enjoy your new puppy! We have a 9 month old lab and there is nothing better than watching the bonding between him and our two boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooh he is just so cute britten!!! i think he is a super idea hun and will bring cheer to you all xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boomer is a very handsome boy, indeed. I have never even heard of micro mini schnauzers, but this little guy makes me want one ;D I think you put it so eloquently when you said that he is not a replacement, but rather a distraction. There is something so poignant and heartfelt in those words, I am starting to get misty-eyed again. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is super duper cute. Hope Bentley gets to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Boomer's absolutely adorable! What a cute name, too!! I'm still praying that Bentley will come home! :-)

    ReplyDelete