Pages


Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moxie Fab World Challenge







"Let's Get Sassy - the Taintor-Tude Challenge"

My friend Summer (and "Words with Friends" arch rival) was the one who turned me on to the Moxie Fab World website. They run some pretty cool challenges but I've never participated in one. Until today.

I love Anne Taintor and I am all about sass (Summer/Marci, don't bother to comment on that last part.) I've really been into make vintage and retro-looking stuff lately, so I couldn't wait to work on this challenge. I might even make a couple more.

The flower is my favorite part. I used plain blue cs, a cut from Accent Essentials, stamped with a Tim Holtz stamp and Distress Ink, then a quilling tool to fold up and mangle the petals.

There are some fabulous, seriously sassy entries for this challenge on the Moxie website. Go check them out....you can't help but giggle.




5 comments:

  1. Great Card Britten! I love your blog name! I have 2 year old boy/girl twins. They keep me young. :-)

    Have a great day!
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're playing along. Moxie Fab is my favorite blog! I've been looking EVERY day for a Taintor-worthy image and phrase to go with it. I'm dragging my feet.
    Yours turned out great!! Clever saying!!
    Did you get a light tent thingy? Make one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sassy card with wonderful vintage appeal. I too wanted to comment on the creativity of your blog name and the image behind it. I'm the second of twin girls and it although it was very difficult growing up and being constantly compared, my twin is my VERY best friend now and I wouldn't give up sharing everything with her for anything. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card & sentiment! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete