Pages


Sunday, September 4, 2011

Drippy Goo - Not just for Halloween

When I went in my scrap area today to clean up after yesterday's project, I spotted my Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch, sitting right where I left it.  And suddenly....I had an idea.

I wasn't in a Halloween-ie mood...more dark...kind of... edgy... (maybe because of my new hair color...? )  Hmmm...so the question was....can I make Drippy Goo --  rock n' roll???

I grabbed my Gypsy and started scrolling through my cartridges, waiting for inspiration to hit.  AH-HA!  Rock Princess!  An obvious choice for a rock n' roll card....but was there something that would work with the Goo??  And then I found the perfect one and some accessories to go with it.  Of course, then I had to select the right paper...

I loved the hot pink, greens and blues on this sheet of Paper Layerz.  And even though these weren't really layered images, Paper Layerz still worked because the colors coordinated so well.  No digging through my scraps or hacking into 12x12 sheets for just a small cut.  Everything I needed was all on one piece of paper.

I cut out the images I wanted, then hit the edges with a little Distress Ink in Black Soot...



I adhered my Rock Princess die cuts to a 5x5 card of black cardstock with my ATG and foam squares, punched some scraps with the Drippy Goo, added a generous amount of Magenta and Lime Green Stickles....and in minutes (not counting the Stickles drying time) I had my Drippy Rock Star Card!

Anyone have any other non-traditional suggestions for Drippy Goo....??   Let me know and I'll try them out and post them here later this week!


5 comments:

  1. Great card!! Love that striped paper too :D. Other uses for the Drippy Goo, Maple Syrup on pancakes (now I've made myself hungry for pancakes!) or icing between layers of cake (still thinking about the pancakes though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, love the cuts you chose and with the stripped papers and the drippy goo it looks awesome.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Love the colors. I will think about the Goo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Drippy Goo for icicles along the roof of houses. Use it with crystal stickles or glue and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute card you are very talented

    ReplyDelete