Pages


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sugar Sweet Paper Treats Design Team - Challenge #1

So our only male team member, Jason – aka Scrappindad – threw out the first challenge for our design team. The rules were simple: a) use a “sweet” image b) use the word “sweet” c) pink had to be the main color. To be quite fair, this was hardly a challenge for me! C’mon I have twin girls….sweet-themes and the color pink are bascially a way of life around here. I’ve been wanting to scrap these super-cute pictures of the girls that I took on Valentine’s Day AND I really, really wanted to use my DCWV Sweet Stack! I LOVE this paper!
























What I used:

Pink plaid and white pp - The Sweet Stack

Pink striped cardstock - K & Co.

Pink glitter (never again!) - Martha Stewart

Polka dot tapes - Heidi Grace

"SWEET" font and 'top note' frames - Storybook cart

"girls" font - Opposites Attract cart welded in DS

Border Punch - Fiskars

Those super cute cupcakes are from HK Greetings

Brown cardstock and buttons from my stash

Embossing is CB Swiss Dots and Divine Swirls


I mean it when I say I will not ever use loose glitter again. The problem was really not the glitter but the fact that I made those letters FIRST....which meant that every time I re-arranged the LO there was glitter everywhere. From now on, I'll stick to Stickles!

8 comments:

  1. Oh doesn't this just melt your heart. Your girls are absolutly precious!!!! I love everything about it! Great take on the first one. Tomorrow is the day I get to sit down and do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britten they are just as cute as they can be! Great layout! I can't wait to see more of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britten, the layout is just FABULOUS! I love how the word "sweet" just stands out on the page. The little cupcakes from HK look great too. I tried to use them on my project but just wasn't happy with them.

    Great job on the first challenge (sorry it wasn't very challenging!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one heck of a layout!!! Your DD's must make it SO easy :)
    Gorgeous pages, you go this EXACTLY right! What a wonderful project, I can't wait to see more of your work :) Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so adorable and so are your girls! I absolutely love it and I am smitten with this paper too! So glad to be on a DT with you, your work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is such a gorgeous layout, your girls are such cuties xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are adorable and I bet alot of fun. I love the sparkly letters. Are you sure never again wiht the glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi:
    Thank you so much for taking the survey on my blog. http://cuttelbugchallenge.blogspot.com
    please email me at cuttlebugchallenge@gmail dot com
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete