Pages


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hot

Is seems silly to remark about how hot it is in Florida in August.

As I stood outside in a black tank and black yoga pants, waiting for Boomer to do his business, I wondered how long it would take for me to melt into a puddle right in my own backyard. Our temperature thingy says it's 88 degrees. In the shade. At 9:30am.

I'm not complaining. Really. I'm merely documenting this so I can be reminded in January - when my family up north is frozen into ice sculptures - why we live in the Sunshine State.


3 comments:

  1. lol. I dunno if I mentioned that I grew up in Florida. People would ask me, "What do you want to be when you grow up little girl?" I would reply "cold".

    We went back a few years ago in April, and it was rainy and very pleasant and I was thinking, well this isn't so bad... then the sun came out and my backside starting sweating and I though... ok, I remember lol. But I have become one of those people whose legs are sooooo white you can see the blue :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh it's been ridiculously hot here in Oklahoma too. It doesn't get below 85 at night...I'm ready for fall if it means a break from the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a heat wave here, too! (West Coast, Canada). Cooler today, tho, which is real nice!! :-)

    ReplyDelete