Pages


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SSPT Challenge #3













































Here's Deb's 5/1/09 challenge for the Sugar Sweet Paper Treat Design Team: "April showers bring may flowers...Main focus for May 1st challenge is flowers, but there is a twist...something has to be 3D - it doesnt matter what, it can be a box, journal, purse, an altered item or a card with a 3D embellishment on it. Anything goes the choice is yours...just remember flowers and 3 dimensional."As I've mentioned before, I love to use challenges as a starting point for a project that I have in mind. I knew I had 2 Mother's Day cards to make and what goes better together than moms and flowers?!
I saw this 3-D flower in a recent edition of Creating Keepsakes and I thought I'd try it for myself. I used Plantin Schoolbook in Design Studio to cut the circles and then score them in thirds...the font is also from PS and welded in DS. I had never used my Bug to score before...what a time-saver! The flourishes are from my new Home Decor solutions cart. The purple card is all old paper from my stash - it didn't photograph as nicely as I would've liked - the embossing is Floral Fantasy from Cuttlebug. The gorgeous purple satin ribbon is Martha's (only $.99 on clearance!) The paper from the pink and green card is from the Spring Glitter Stack...the ribbon was a scrap from my stash.
Thanks for looking!


7 comments:

  1. OMG! Britten these are beautiful!I love the birhgt colors on the first one. Great job girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Love the bright colors of the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the bambinas as infants!!! Love the new photo header. Super cute. These cards are beautiful too. I think about you just about EVERY day. (There's a Britten Road that I pass often.) MIss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked yet another challenge girlfriend! Fabulous! I need to get busy on my project. Times a tickin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! I noticed you said you used the bug to score. How did you do that? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer-I miss you too!! You need to start a blog so I can keep track of what you're doing!!

    Louise-To score cardstock using the Bug, I set the Depth to 2 and the Pressure to 2. Easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. britten your cards are just BEAUTIFUL! Your mom's will be SO happy to get these on Mother's day...what a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete